Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day!

Well, we had a snow day yesterday.  Luckily, that does not screw things up for us too much.  I already built a catch-up day into the course for March 3, so I just adjusted our schedule and moved everything ahead a day.  Nothing else has changed.  The Vagina Monologues Proposal Project is still due by noon on Saturday, February 20 (those of you taking both of my classes should notice, though, that the opinion essay for GS 100 is now due the day before this project; manage your time accordingly).  What was on the Action List for yesterday is now up for Monday.  As I said, everything just moves ahead a day.

A note about the vagina monologues that you each have been writing.  I am not going to read what you each produced for DWA #3.  I understand that it was difficult for some of your for various emotional and intellectual reasons.  That makes perfect sense.  Some of you have said you are starting from scratch for the one that you will present to class and post on the bulletin boards.  All of that makes perfects sense.  As I said in class, I wanted this process to be a learning experience, which it clearly was for many of you.  Make whatever choices and revisions you want to make for the public version of this, choices which should be easier after reading the articles for this past Monday and hearing our discussion.  I'll be very interested to see what you all decide to produce for Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment